Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Mary...Mary Christmas!"




Yep, I know I'm about a month late on Christmas updates, but with it being Jake's first "real" Christmas I feel like I have to share/record Jake's funniest Christmas quotes before I forget.


1. "Baby Jesus is in his car seat!" Jake yelled excitedly after closely inspecting the nativity Christmas snow glob at Ama and Apa's.

2. I asked Jake who Jesus' mommy is, his response, "Mary! Mary Christmas!" Yep, something like that.

3. Jake watched in aw as Grandpa Dave carried the Christmas tree at the Christmas tree lot. "Grandpa Dave is so strong!"

4. Later that night Grandpa Dave held Jake up as we decorated the tree.  My dad nearly fell over when Jake informed him that "the ornaments are very delicate."

5. On Christmas Eve Aunt Robyn asked Jake what he wanted Santa to put in his stocking and without missing a beat Jake yelled, "Coupons!" Don't ask, I have no idea.

6. After I finished doing his hair on Christmas Eve, Jake looked into the mirror and said, "I look beautiful!"  As the Mommy, I can't help but agree.

Oh my silly brilliant boy.  Thank you Baby Boy for filling this Christmas with the magic and excitment that can only come from the innocence and joy of a child.  Being your mommy makes every day a gift...I love you


2 comments:

MariePhotographie said...

He IS a brilliant boy. I love reading all the funny things he says. :)

Jessa said...

Ah! I love it! He is so cute, and I love that you keep track of things he says. I have been keeping a mommy journal with funny stories and firsts and such since I was pregnant! Miss you! You're so close, friend! (For now..)