Thursday, April 15, 2010
No Re-do's
It feel like almost everyday something happens to remind me what a special little boy I have. Yesterday I was mopping the floor and, like most curious toddlers, Jake was anxious to help. It is a daily occurance for him to "pitch in" as I zip around the house working on never ending housekeeping tasks, but as he mopped the floor yesterday I was struck by how rare it is that I have to re-do his work. People always comment when they see him helping me push the grocery cart, count out apples, or put something away, "Oh, it is so cute that they want to help when they are little? By the time they are big enough to actually help then they don't want to." The crazy thing is that my little, just-turned-2 year old, really does help. Yesterday as he diligently cleaned the floor he told me, "I need to clean up those spots." Sure enough, he mopped up them right up. It got me thinking about how often Jake really does help. Several days ago he spotted me wiping down the counters and wanted to help. I handed him a wet paper towel and asked him to go clean his little table that was covered in milk and rice crispy pieces that had escaped from his morning bowl of cereal. I didn't expect anything, except for maybe a few mintues to finish what I was working on. By the time I had finished the counter, he had also just finished. Watching his little hand carefully trapping the last few rice crispy pieces in his little paper towl was adorable, and the best part was that I didn't even have to do a "redo."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw, I love it! He is so sweet! Miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment