Monday, June 7, 2010

A Time for Us


I keep thinking I am going do some amazing game of catch up and write about all of the things that happened while I was without a computer.  But really who am I kidding? :-)  So rather than procrastinate on bringing my blog up to speed, I'll just try to stay current from here on out.

We've been in Alabama now for a little over three months, and I can't believe the way the time has flown.  Arthur is still on hold, awaiting a class start date that constantly seems to be moving later and later in the year.  I know that he is itching to start so he can begin flying again, but we are enjoying all the family time this "hold" provides.  I must admit that I am much more productive when Arthur is not at home, and I do my best house keeping when he is gone studying.  There is just something about having him home that makes the days feel more like a vacation than real life.  But after the last few years, maybe a vacation from the normal stresses of life is just what we need.  Jake is especially enjoying all this time together.  I don't know what he'll do when Arthur starts class again and he is stuck with only Mommy all day.  Mommy is good for many things like art projects, reading books, and "learning" games, but Daddy is much better for boy things and just playing the day away.

So when I feel like a day was not quite as productive as I think it could have been or when Arthur gets frustrated by all the waiting, I remember the unavoidable times of separation that loom ahead and I am reminded just how blessed we are to be together now.  No matter what the future holds, I know that this time together is precious.  When we look back at this time in our lives we will remember this special season where we had nothing else to do but be together and when time seemed to almost stand still...almost.

1 comment:

MariePhotographie said...

Gorgeous words and pictures! Love you!