Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Only when you're 2


Sorry to inundated my blog with posts about potty training.  But for those of you who have done it, or are trying to do it, you know how the process can consume your life.  And what can I say, this is my life.
This is a conversation I just had with Jacob, and while it is similar to ones I have had with him nearly every day for the last few weeks, this one was particularly entertaining to me.
"I did it!  I did it!"  Jake yells excitedly as he runs from the bathroom.  "I went poopy in the toilet!"
"Good job, Honey!" I encourage him.
"Come look!"
I put down the laundry I'm folding and follow behind him as he runs back to the toilet.  As I enter the bathroom he extends one arm to present his success.  "Ta-Da!" he says proudly.
"Wow, that's a lot of poopy!" (Seriously, how else do you complement poop?)
"Thanks!" he chirps happily.
I look down at his face glowing with pride and take in how cute his skinny little body looks in his slightly too large and sagging "big boy chonies." I can't help but laugh and think that there is such a small window of one's life when a conversation like this can take place and even though it is kind of gross I'm glad I get to share it with him.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ha ha, those are the best conversations. I think it is hilarious that they make us look. Yeah for potty training success!