Saturday, June 4, 2011

May Memories

Some how I have gotten way behind on this blogging business.  Normally a few quick sentences (okay more like several long winded paragraphs) would get me all caught up, but it has been a busy month since I last updated this little page.  So now, I will do my best to keep things short and sweet.

First, I'll start with a little James update.  As luck would have it, it appears that James is quite the water baby.  Here are a few pictures I caught of him loving life in his first bath in the "big" bath tub last month right after he turned 5 months.

Such a happy boy!
Now you might think, "Well of course he liked the bath.  The water is warm and calming."  But it appears that this love of water is far more inclusive because this boy also loves the OCEAN!!  Which was definitely a Happy
Mother's Day moment for me.


This brings us to mother's day...

I'm sure most people, especially people from California think, "Lower Alabama?!?!  How on earth do they survive in Lower Alabama?!?"  And while I will admit the move was quite an adjustment, being so close to the Florida coast is a great perk...one we try to enjoy whenever possible and Mother's Day seemed like a perfect excuse.  
The beach was picture perfect.  The water was calm and the weather was amazing...warm with a light breeze.  It was a beautiful day with my favorite people.  
Jake continues to be our sand dweller.  
I think that the unpredictability of the ocean makes him a little nervous.  We can get him in the water for several minutes, but he spends most of the time thinking of excuses as to why he needs to get back to the beach.  However, do not doubt his adventurous spirit.  He's just like his daddy. He always needs to feel in control of a situation- like catching a fish with his bare hands...that is no big deal...

Hard to see, but there is a fish swimming in that bucket
James, on the other hand, couldn't get enough of the water!  Each time we tried to sit him up, he would wiggle and arch his back until he was back lying in it. 
He spent nearly an hour down by the water slashing, kicking, cooing, and grabbing handfuls of sand in his chubby fists until I decided it was time to get him out of the sun.  Although, I think if I had left it up to him he would have been there all day.
I love how different our boys already are.  Children really come out being who they are going to be, and I believe as parents we are just blessed to help and guide them on their journey.  I just hope I don't mess them up too much. :-)  But really, my favorite part of motherhood is spending each day getting to know these amazing little people.  
Here is the best part of my mother's day.  



Getting to watch my husband with our boys.  He is so in love with them and he shows it in such a complete and tangible way.  It is the best Mother's day gift I could ever ask for.


2 comments:

Lauren Byers said...

awww such cute pictures!!! The beach looks so amazing!! :)

Lisa Allred said...

Your boys are darling. I couldn't see the fish in the bucket! And the beach looks so inviting.