So I am pretty proud of myself that I only teared up once. Something about that last walk through the empty rooms...my heart flooded with emotions as a million memories played out in front of me like I was watching a movie. It is amazing how much life can be lived in such a short time.
But when the time finally came to drive away, I didn't cry. I only looked back to check on my sleeping babies. As a stared at their perfect little faces and felt my husband's hand holding mine, it hit me. I wasn't sad because I get to take all the good stuff with me.
(Don't worry, that idyllic scenario didn't last too long. Before we were even half way into our six hour drive, both boys had woken up disoriented and hysterical...so much for driving at night so the boys would sleep)
My home is wherever these crazy guys are....
![]() |
| Admiring one of the many "beautiful" cherubs we inherited with our new house |
And of course this one too!
![]() |
| Enjoying his new front yard Note: Pictures taken during our first day in our new home (Oct 2011) |


No comments:
Post a Comment