1. Both boys (even if previously engaged in other activities) will appear at my side before I have even typed my first sentence.
And between Jake's demands for attention and James' demands to pound on the keyboard, I give up, promising myself and this little blog that we'll met again once the kids are in bed. But of course by then I am too tired to form a sentence, leaving my dreams of productivity to evaporate into an evening of vegging in front of the TV for an hour or two.
2. Something happens to James.
This could mean many things. Jake could have "helped" his brother cry or James could have made a less than perfect landings on one of his nearly constant climbing attempts.
Then I must figure out if the yells of "I didn't do anything!" from Jake are genuine or if a time out is deserved. And despite my claim that mommies are magical, there are times when I REALLY can't tell!
So I am sure that Jake has spent some time in the corner as an innocent man, but then again, I am sure that he has gotten way with a lot too.
And while there are days when I feel like I could replace talking with a tape recorder saying phrases like "Jake, don't drive the car on your brother's head," "James, sit on your bottom," or some good stern "Jake, please just leave your brother alone!" I go to bed grateful that they are mine.
Nothing like a big tight squeezes from James with his chubby little body and warm cheeks all pressed up against me or an "I love you Mommy...and I like that you are pretty," from Jake (yeah, do you think he has me figured out? :-)) to make even the longest of days good ones.









No comments:
Post a Comment