![]() |
| Look closely and you will notice this is not the sweet moment it appears to be at first glance :-) |
And so now a new chapter begins in our home, and it is appears to come with lots of new blessings and challenges.
Nothing warms my heart like seeing my boys play together. I love to stand in the doorway of their room and watch them both sprawled out on their tummies playing cars and listening Jake chatter away while James responses in engine revs or exaggerated nods.
Of course the game usually ends with James getting physical because Jake as gotten too bossy or Jake becoming physical because James isn't playing exactly was Jake wants him to do. But they are learning, and these moments of content play give me a few blissful minutes of alone time which heaven known I will need in the months to come.
Jake is also really starting to enjoy his role as a big brother. He is beginning to understand that his little brother really does look up to him.
We talk a lot about what is means to be an example and how James is watching and learning from everything Jake is doing. More and more I notice Jake trying his best to be the "good example." He will talk to James in this sweet little voice and call him "Jamie." He will want to share with him, show his things and even help him get dressed. Luckily, James loves to be doted on by his big brother and will usually welcome all the attention.
But let's be honest, Jake is a little boy. And what is more fun than getting a little naughty and wild...that's right...getting someone else to do it with you. And so my sweet little baby James has joined the boy team. And while they have definitely bonded over teaming up against Mommy (and sometimes even Daddy), I can't help but smile as I watch them crack each other up.
I know I tell you everyday, but never forget that I love you each of you more than life and am honored and privileged that both of you call me "Mommy."









1 comment:
This is all too familiar with me! Love it!!
Post a Comment