When I am pregnant, I seem to take on part of the personality of the baby I am pregnant with. Some might say it is hormonal, but I think it has more to do with two spirits sharing one space. Jake heighten many aspects of my personality, and now his intense type A personality often rivals my own. James made me anxious...not because he is anxious, but because I could sense his eager daring nature. But Scarlett, she was more specific. From almost the very beginning of my pregnancy, I started to really miss singing. It has been years since I really performed, but suddenly its absence felt like a huge loss in my life. I literally bawled through an episode of Nashville one night. Watching others sing became almost physically painful and I felt like a part of myself was missing. So I started to sing. And while I may only be belting show tunes with my boys in kitchen, it makes my heart happy.
But I don't think I do it just for me anymore, I think Scarlett wants to sing...will sing...and she will be wonderful. So for now, I will sing for both of us, until, before I know it, she is singing with me...just like I use to do with my mother.




1 comment:
Wonderful pictures! Beautiful portraits!
Post a Comment