Sunday, August 3, 2014

A Beautiful Blessing for our Beautiful Girl

"I thought she was just going to give the blessing herself," joked a woman from church, as she commented on Scarlett pre-blessing performance...and I was worried she was going to cry.

Nope, there was no crying from this little girl.  Looking as precious as can be, in dress borrowed from one of our closest friends, Scarlett was all smiles and coos as Arthur took her up to the front of the chapel.  Then with my father, the Elders (Cragun and Jaros), and several members of the bishopric encircling her, Scarlett recieved her name and a blessing from Arthur as he cradled her in his arms.


Scarlett, you will not remember the words that were spoken over you on the sacred morning of your blessing.  However, I believe there will be times in your life that you will be able to draw strength and courage from the things that were said.  I am recording what I remember so you can always have them.  You are precious and I hope that this blessing, given by your earthly father from your heavenly father, will always remind you of who you really are, a beautiful daughter of God who is loved more than she could ever comprehend.  

The following will not be a direct quote.  Instead it is my best attempt to remember what was said and I did try to write the words as close to the way they were given as possible:

Scarlett you were blessed to live a long and healthy life.  Throughout that life you will develop "a knowledge...a keen knowledge of your Heavenly Father's love for you."  You will also have a "love for the the knowledge of the gospel and "you will have a deep understanding of the plan of salvation."  You will be raised in a family that "cares deeply for you and you will care for them."  "You will have a unfailing love for others and you have been "blessed with a beautiful smile that will lighten every room."



2 comments:

MariePhotographie said...

This is beyond precious. I sure love your family!

Kim said...

What a wonderful blessing gown. She really looks splendid, and the blessing is beautiful. May you all be blessed with and by one another "til forever, one day at a time.