I have long since lost track what is "normal" or what my children "should" know at a particular age. I guess a couple years of homeschool will do that to you, and honestly I am grateful...it is quite liberating!
That being said, I am sure proud of this boy. He has really excelled at math this year, and is showing real interest and understanding. Most mornings I let him decide whether he wants to do his Math (he just turned 4 after all), and almost every morning he is happily grabbing his Saxon math book right along side his big brother.
Maybe this is what homeschool "peer pressure" looks like, or maybe it is what happens when you know that your partner in crime doesn't have a choice but finish his math so you might as well join him.
Either way, I am grateful that I get to homeschool. I would hate to miss moments like this!




No comments:
Post a Comment