Sunday, May 10, 2015

Destin 2015...in the books

It is a little hard to believe that another successful and wonderfully memorable Destin vacation is in the books (and now on the blog).  On the drive down, I mentioned to Arthur how quickly the year has past since our last visit, but as I reflect back, so much has happened.

Against the beautiful and nearly unchangeable backdrops of our favorite vacation spot, I could really see how much my children have gown up in these past 11 months.


It is most obvious in Scarlett, who was just a tiny baby last May, is now a walking talking (even if we don't always know what she is saying) little girl. who wants to be involved (and usually in the middle) of whatever her brothers are doing.







The boys have grown up a lot too.  Their interests aren't that different rather they have matured.  Last year, hermit crab catching on off the pier stole the show.  This year, the boys (big and small) were after bigger game.  Crabs, minnows (used as bate), fish; none were safe from the nets, hooks, fishing poles and oh yeah...that giant nail and used line Arthur found on our first evening there.  


*Side note: If I ever have to go to a deserted island, Arthur would be the one thing I would take with me.  Not only do I love him like crazy, but that man has some keen survival skills and would have us living off the land, comfortably I might add, in no time.





No comments: