It was a gorgeous evening...one where the light of the setting sun reflects of the clouds and all the colors of the rainbow fill the sky.
And between the beauty of the day and the excitement for chocolate, marshmallows and really long sticks, I couldn't help myself...I went and grabbed my camera. As I snapped away, Arthur even asked, "What, do you have a blog post coming up?" How did he know I am long over due? :-)
Sometimes I just can't help it. But it isn't just that I feel compelled to capture some cute pictures of my favorite faces, but it is more that I desperately want to capture my gratitude of them.
There are so many times when I feel overwhelmed, under slept, and burnt out. Days like to today, when the list of errands is too long, there is too much laundry to fold, the dishes keep appearing, and, of course, none of my children are listening, I can forget how blessed I am. Or nights like tonight when I feel like waving the white flag and I send my boys to bed at six because I have no idea what else to do, and I feel like I am totally failing and wonder why motherhood didn't come with instructions.
It is in these times that I love to blog most. Sometimes I need to see my life from behind the camera to help me to refocus (pun intended).
Motherhood is hard work. Each day I wake up determined to get it right and each night I go to bed praying for forgiveness for all the things I have gotten wrong. But I am blessed. I am blessed to be the mother of these amazing, bright, beautiful kids...and I need to remember to be grateful in all things...even the difficult days. So here is to sweet nights and a much needed refocus!















No comments:
Post a Comment