Between Arthur's birthday, Father's Day, and the fact that he actually started class again this week, June has kind of been Arthur's month. So I don't want the month to completely pass without expressing my love and appreciation for him.
It is funny how focused people (or maybe just me) can become on the milestones and the growth that our children have made, but how often we overlook the growth and development in our partner standing right beside us. As I was reflecting last night, I started to think about how this fall it will be seven years since Arthur and I started dating, and almost 11 years since we met back in high school. Even back then, when he was way too cool for me, I knew there was just something about him. And he must have seen something in me too because he wrote in my year book, "You stay hot and don't forget that we gonna get married soon..." I don't know about the hot part, but he was right about us getting married.
We have both been through so much since then, both as individuals and in our relationship, and when I look back on who we were I feel like we are almost unrecognizable. However, I am so grateful that we were able to grow up together because I love seeing how far we both have come. And I am so amazed at the incredible man, husband, and father Arthur has become. A few days ago some of the army wives were talking about what their husband's plans were within the army after flight school. When the conversation turned to me I said, "I trust Arthur to make the decision that is in the best interest of our family." I know this to be true in all the decisions that Arthur makes, and I hope he knows I will always do the same.
I love you Honey...Happy June!



3 comments:
That was so sweet!
Ok, I know why we are friends. First because you are so awesome. Second I need to take how to be a good wife lessons from you! Thanks for the example!
You guys look so great! I miss you! It is fun to catch up on your life with your blog, though. Hope all is going well. Please let us know if you plan a visit out here--we'd love to see you!
Post a Comment