Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sneaky Sneaky

Jake can be quite an old soul at times (much like his father) so it is not surprising that I often find the two of them sitting on the bench on our front porch enjoying our frequent afternoon thunder storms.  From time to time Jake will even go out there by himself.  If Jake was any other two year old, I might panic at the sound of my front door opening as my toddler lets himself outside, but it's Jake.  Of course I will immediately go peak out the front window and check up on what he is doing, but generally I find him hanging out on the front porch.  However, what I saw Jake doing this past Wednesday made me rethink this bit of freedom.
Apparently Jake wanted a snack and he felt that the rest of his chocolate Easter Bunny would be a good choice.  While I can't blame him for wanting chocolate, but I was a little taken aback by the sneaky plan he concocted in order to get it.  There is no doubt that he thought this through.

I couldn't help but laugh (and Arthur couldn't help but get the camera) as we watch Jake open the Ziploc bag, remove the bunny from its box, and victoriously take a bite of his spoils.  

We only let him get through a bite or two before Arthur knocked on the window.  Jake jumped and turned to the window saying, "I see you."  "No Jacob, we see you!"

Thank you for silly sneaky two year memories.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww :] sounds just like him!(and his father, smart, but mischievous!)

Unknown said...

"I see you!" The wonder of what he was thinking is funny a d fascinating at the same time.

Aaron used to hide my keys after I would warn him we would be going out. For a long time I thought I was losing my mind, misplacing my keys, until one day I found them in his own special hiding place (the "trunk" of a little riding car). It was shocking to comprehend the sneakiness and planning he put into sabotaging our outings!

Jessa said...

I love it! Just today RJ wanted to do a puzzle, but we were in the middle of another one, so I told him to wait, so we could finish. he walked past me, and then walked back to the other puzzle, thinking maybe i wouldn't see him! YEA RIGHT! Moms see everything!