Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Unto us a child is born. Unto us a son is given."


I read these words in front of a little Baptist church a few days ago, and while I have heard them, read them, and even sang them countless times throughout my life, I was deeply struck by them.  Maybe it is because our family has been blessed with child this holiday season, or maybe because there were a few days in which I was terrified I might have to give him back.



But for whatever reason I have been very focused on the last half of that simple scripture.  "A son is given."  What a gift...what a sacrifice...what love.  So at this time I am overcome with gratitude that my Heavenly Father "so loved the world (including me and my sons) that he gave his only begotten son."  I hope that as the lights, stockings and trees are put away for another year, that I will not put the true meaning of Christmas away with them and that every time I look at our little Christmas miracle I will remember that greatest gift of His Son.



2 comments:

Lisa Allred said...

What a wonderful Christmas blessing! Take good care of each other.

Emma said...

Beautiful post :) He is such a sweety.