Friday, November 4, 2011

Life lessons I learned at Halloween

1) If you wait until the day before Halloween, you are too late to find a decent costume for little boys...Anywhere (luckily Halloween PJ's and a hand me down costume can work too)!


2) A three year old will do anything for candy, including sitting still for a complete make over.  Although, in truth, Jake is great at "committing" to things.  Once we decided on a skeleton, he was excited to do it all the way.


3) The second child is often more easy going than the first.  Jake was terrified of this tiger costume as a baby...James couldn't wait to start growling. :-)


4) Slipping in a puddle of water will not detour a determined skeleton from Operation Get Candy.  I was worried that he was hurt, but all Jake could cry was, "MY COSTUME!"  However, after he realized he still looked all right, he never complained about his wet jammies.  Honestly, I was pretty proud of him for not letting is ruin his night because I know he had have been uncomfortable.


5) 11 months is not too young to understand how Halloween works.  After going to several doors, I figured James could skip one or two.  Nope, he took my fingers and marched himself up the walk way after his brother to retrieve what was "rightfully" his. :-)


6) Mommies do get jealous and sometimes have a hard time sharing, but then I see the love and joy in my children's eyes and I am reminded how lucky I am that my boys are so loved.


7) Sometimes family pictures turn out better with an uncle than a dad. :-)

With Daddy
With Tio Lui
8) Christmas isn't the only holiday when children can learn joy in giving



Happy Halloween!!

No comments: