If you follow this blog (or if you have known me longer than 5 minutes), you may have figured out that my favorite part of a holiday is making kid/family crafts. Of course there is the obvious "fun factor" of getting out the paints and spending creative time as a family. But I think I am driven to the craft isles of Michel's and Hobby Lobby, with a deeper purpose. I am in love with, and perhaps slightly obsessed with, the idea of making "permanent" memories (this also explains my obsession with photography).
This year, as I pulled out the Halloween box, the memories of past Halloweens filled my mind. Then, as the boys helped me place each craft around the house, we were able to share the stories of when each one was made. It is precious the things they remember, and the excitement they have at looking at the masterpieces they made when they were "little." Our house is far from the spookiest and you would probably never see anyone on HGTV trying to steal our ideas, but when I overhear the boys showing off our decorations and proudly sharing their stories, I feel great that my little plan is working.
And now for the photo documentation of Halloween crafting 2013. :-)
 |
| James took the "H" and the "A" |
 |
| Daddy took the first "L" |
 |
| Jake took the last "E" and the "N" |
 |
| And I got the "O" and an "E" |
 |
As for that extra "L" and "W," well, Miss Laura Barlow took care of those! This year, James also painted a spider and Jake added a "pumpkin graveyard" painting to our collection! |
No comments:
Post a Comment