Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Boys' Pumpkin!

Just before bedtime last night, Arthur made the alarming observations that we had not carved our pumpkin!  I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but somehow we made it to the night before Halloween without carving our pumpkin.
I, of course felt terrible, and went to bed stressing about how we were going to fit it in today.  Between a Halloween breakfast with friends (pictures to follow) and violin practice filling our afternoon, I was feeling a little nervous.  But I was determined that we would have our beautiful pumpkin transformed into a jack-o-lantern before Halloween night.

And so we did!  And I am happy to report that it was a real "we" experience this year (minus Daddy, who was at work), with all little hands on deck...or should I say, in the pumpkin?


No one was shy about pumpkin guts this year!





Jake and James miraculously agreed on a pattern...

Then Jake and I took care of the pattern transfer (while James diligently painted his little pumpkin)...





When it came to handing little pumpkin carving knives to my boys, I did get a little nervous that someone (more than likely, me) would need to get stitches before we had completed carving our creation.  But they were both carefully committed to the task at hand.  So other than a few squabbles over who's turn it was and a fall from the bench, things went very smoothly.


I think we may even graduate to each boy carving his own pumpkin next year.  :-)

PS Due to weather, Trick-or Treating has been postponed until tomorrow evening.  So costume and jack-o-lantern photos have been too.

No comments: