James has always been like the color yellow. He is bright and warm, and he has a way for just lighting up a room. But, this past year, there has been a silly quirkiness that has emerged, and he has turned into quite the character. We never know what is going to come out of his mouth! Just the other night he shouted from the bathroom, "Just to let you know, pooping is fun to do!" What can I say, he is ALL boy! Two has been a lot of fun with this "Little Peanut!" And as much as this Mommy would love him not to grow up quite so fast, I am excited to watch this boy grow!
Here are several James' moments that highlight that his silly, cleaver, and sometimes manipulative nature...
Arthur leaves for work early...way too early. And the sound of his diesel engine often wakes James up, giving me an early morning visitor. I usually welcome his morning snuggles...except on the days he refused to go back to sleep. On these mornings, I have resorted to handing over my phone so he can watch an episode or two of Caillou or Wild Kratts...anything really to get a little more sleep. Well, I guess he caught on to my main objective because the other night when he was asked to quiet down, he asked, "Will you put on Caillou so I will be quiet?"
James loves breakfast! But I didn't realize quite how much until he climbed into my bed at about 4:30 in the morning and quietly whispered his order in my ear complete with "pamcakes," bacon, strawberries, and hot chocolate. When I told him it was too early and that he needed to wait until the sun came up, he said, very seriously, "You are not a sweet Mama."
As soon as the Thanksgiving leftovers are in the fridge, the boys and I start listening to Christmas carols. And now that Jake has 5 Christmases under his belt, he knows quite a few of the songs and gets excited to sing along with his favorites.
On one afternoon drive, James was playing the "little brother" roll with extra enthusiasm. Each time Jake would begin to sing, James would do his best to drowned out both Jake and the radio with wordless sing/yelling. As you can imagine, Jake was less than amused. And, of course, Jake's frustration only fueled Jamie's fire.
I, trying to contructively defuse this Christmas crisis, suggested, "James, why don't you try singing the Christmas song on the radio?"
"I can't!" he exclaimed. "I don't have the words! I only have this..."and he begins to sing, "A, B, C, D, E, F, G!" at the top of his lungs.
We can't imagine a day without you, James David! Your goofiness makes us laugh, your hugs warm our heart, and your smile brightens our world. We love you so much and we are so blessed you are ours!!



No comments:
Post a Comment