Monday, December 2, 2013

Cell Phone "Snaps"

This year, December doesn't just mark the end of the year, but for our family, it also marks the end of it being just the four of us.  Of course, we are all eager (probably no one more than me) to meet this new little person and we can't wait to welcome her into our lives.  But I want to make sure that I am treasuring this precious time with my little boys.  Several weeks ago (while I was wishing away the discomforts of pregnancy), it hit me, that I need to slow down a little.  Especially during this holiday season that almost forces you to speed up, I need to slow down, take a breath, and just enjoy this beautiful life that I have been blessed with.  And if you haven't figured out, that mostly means enjoying the little boys I get to spend my days with and the bigger one I am lucky enough to share this life with.

So here are some cell phone "snaps" I have taken over the past several weeks.  Just moments in my life that I couldn't resist documenting.  And while I have a beautiful camera with an awesome lens, the cell phone just comes in way more handy when you just want to freeze time.

Naps like this almost never happen anymore.
Breakfast is one of our favorite times of the day, and it is extra special when Daddy and the boys take over.
Jamie asked for this breakfast specifically (I think before my eyes were open).
"Pamcakes, strawberries, bacon, and hot chocolate!"  You try saying "no" to that face. :-)
When I look at this....
I can't help but see this.
Dinner with some of our favorite friends, the Hinds...I just love how many bodies can fit around this table!

Date night a few weeks ago (32 weeks pregnant) -Photo credit goes to Jake
Out on the town with the boys...
They are chocolate loves like their Mama!
A beautiful fall day, calls for a trip the zoo.  The boys didn't want to leave the  petting zoo....
Unless it was for a trip through the terrarium
And this is how you know it was a great day of learning and fun!
Arthur and Jake, on Jake's first duck hunting trip!  Jake was so excited to go, and I know it is a day he will never forget. 
But with the other boys away hunting, it meant some special Mommy and James time.
So we had a sushi date!
My hope for the rest of this month is to worry a little less about the laundry and math, and spend a little more time just "playing."  So hopefully there will be lots of crafts, baking, board games, snuggling, and of course, blogging!

No comments: