![]() |
| Swimming lesson at 2 months |
![]() |
| Hanging out at the swim office |
Why am I rambling about all of this? Because I wanted to express how much I appeciated that we had at the pool on our vacation, and how much I enjoyed watching my kids learn and play. The first day I kind of forced Jake into a "lesson" but it only took one before he was asking me to work with him. Each "lesson" lasted about 15 minutes and then he would let me know he was done. But he didn't end the lesson to go play, instead he would stay in the shallow end to practice. Again and again he would go to the wall and push off into a stream line. Watching him glide through the water with greater and greater ease, I flashed back to car rides more than 5 years ago. Where I would listen to my baby's little froggy voice practice words over and over again while he was buckled in his car seat. Barely a year old and JakePool Pr would repeat a word until it sounded just right. They grow up, but I don't know how much they really change.
His practice paid off and before our trip was over, Jake was gliding with a perfect streamline, kicking with strong full leg kicks, diving for rings, and even adding some tall slow motion big arms! I am excited to get him in the pool more this summer, even if we have to fight the crowds on post a little. Who knows, James might even take a break from jumping off the side of the pool to join us.







No comments:
Post a Comment