What can I say? There is a little sour in my sour patch kid. But there is whole lot of sweet too! Not to mention a natural sense of humor and comedic timing that constantly catches us off guard and keeps up all laughing.
Since he was a tiny baby, I have described James as the color yellow. He adds a warmth and light where ever he is...when James enters a room, it becomes a little brighter. And I am not the only one who notices it. At three and half, he already has a natural charisma about him. I remember my dad trying to explain charisma to me when I was young, and he described it as a person that people naturally gravitate to, someone people just want to be around. "You can't replicate it or fake it, someone either has it, or they don't," he told me. Well, it appears James "has it."
This boy gives life 100%, and man does he have the bumps, bruises, and scraps to prove it (check out the bump on his head in these pictures)! He is my dare devil. The strider bike cannot go fast enough, he is already begging his daddy for a red motor cycle, and there is nothing that Jake can do that he isn't willing to try. Luckily, three has brought with it a little wisdom and forethought...calculated risk has replaced recklessness...thank goodness! If he is going to be a little crazy, I am sure glad he is really smart!
But sometimes smart and spunky can get a little trying, especially when he decides to digs his little heals in about something (did I mention he is a little stubborn?). However, I know if it weren't for his feistiness, he might not be here. When he came into the world he had to fight to stay, and I am so blessed that he was strong (and stubborn) enough to win.
I can't imagine my life without him. And despite the lip service I may give to him staying in his "big boy bed" each night, I am always happy to wake up to his warm little body cuddled up against me. He is such a big boy so much of the time that I welcome moments when he still wants to be my baby.
James, you are such a blessing to our family, and I have no doubt that you will continue to bless the lives of others throughout as you grow. I may not be able to predict the future, but I do know that wherever you go, smiles and laughter will follow and the world will be a little brighter. Your light is a gift from your Father in Heaven, and you must never be afraid to let it shine!
I love you with all my heart, Jamie Do! You really are my sunshine!








No comments:
Post a Comment