Scarlett turned four months on the 27th of last month and I can hardly believe it! I don't even have words to describe the love I have for this sweet girl! She is a perfect addition to our family and every time I look at her I can't believe how lucky I am to have her.
When I was very early pregnant, when I was hoping but didn't know for sure, I came down with a bad case of strep throat (like there is a good case). I was so miserable that I ended up asking a close friend for a priesthood blessing of healing and comfort. And while I'm sure the blessing included those things, I can only remember one thing that he said while his hands were placed on my head. I was blessed that I would "feel the renewed joys of motherhood" I knew that if I wasn't pregnant yet, I would be soon. And I was so excited that I almost didn't care that I couldn't swallow.
A "renewed joy of motherhood" perfectly describes how I have felt since this beautiful girl has become a part of my life. I adore my boys and am grateful every day that I am home with them. However, between the cooking, cleaning, and repeating the same 5 phrases (each one beginning with please don't), I can loose sight of the beauty of motherhood and the divine responsibility of my roll. The helpless innocence of their babyhood has past, and when I look at them I no longer see tiny babies. Instead I see little boys: loud, busy, and full of life. But when my perfect baby girl was placed into my arms, this precious little spirit straight from heaven, I remembered. It was the third time a precious child of our Heavenly Father was being entrusted to Arthur and me to love, nurture and teach.
So my princess girl, I will make you the same promise I made to them. I will love you unconditionally, and I will always do my best to be the mother you deserve. I know I am not here to shape or to mold you, but instead I will do my best to help you find your strengths and discover your passions. I will also try to help you overcome the weaknesses that this life will exploit. I will do everything I can to raise you in wisdom and light so that you will choose to become the woman your Heavenly Father sent you to be.
Thank you for letting me be your Mommy! Scarlett, you a heartbreakingly beautiful baby. Your smile takes my breath away and your giggle will forever be one of my favorite sounds. I could kiss those cheeks a million times (and I probably have), and I love to play with your tiny feet and toes. Your soft skin and chubby rolls are baby perfection but through your bright eyes I can see already the depth and eagerness of a spirit who has waited forever to get here.
You have only been here for several months, but we already can't imagine our lives without you. Just the other day, your daddy was telling a friend that very thing. We both love you with all our hearts!
We are yours and you are ours, forever...








No comments:
Post a Comment