Thursday, April 23, 2015

Getting creative with the Creation

Let me preface this post with the confession that I do not do nearly enough art time in our homeschool. It is one of the things I want to be better at including.  However, I feel like is impossible to study the marvelous creation without becoming inspired to get creative too.
I gave the boys the option of painting one of the "days" of the creation and they both picked day six because as Jake explained, "Everything, both plants and animals were there."
All three kids worked so hard, and were so excited to see the craft supplies that have been been held hostage since before we moved.  Jake had a few minutes of frustration when he felt like the proportions of his bird were not quite right, but we were able to work though it (I just can't figure out where that perfectionism comes from...).  I enjoyed watching James' attention to detail as he carefully painted individual leaves on the tree branches.  I also loved how much fun Scarlett had being one of the "big kids."  She was very involved in picking what color she wanted next and only tried to eat her paintbrush once or twice.
We were all very excited to show our work to Daddy at before bedtime.  Did I mention that I painted too?
But as beautiful as my water color tree is, it is these three little (rapidly growing) creations that i am most proud of and grateful for.
"Adam fell that men might be, and men are, that they might have joy." 2 Nephi 2:25
 This is my joy.




















No comments: